John Hartford
Someday, my baby, when I am a man,
And others have taught me the best that they can,
Sell me a suit, and cut off my hair,
And send me to work in tall buildings.
So it's goodbye to the sunshine, goodbye to the dew,
Goodbye to the flowers, and goodbye to you.
I'm off to the subway. I must not be late.
I'm going to work in tall buildings.
When I'm retired, my life is my own.
I've made all my payments, it's time to go home.
I'll wonder what happened betwixt and between,
When I went to work in tall buildings?
So it's goodbye to the sunshine, goodbye to the dew,
Goodbye to the flowers, and goodbye to you.
I'm off to the subway. I must not be late.
I'm going to work in tall buildings.
1 comment:
What a wonderful summer you guys have had, such lucky babies to have a mom who takes the absolute most amount of time she can to be with them. What a great and loving start they each have had and their smiles and sweet temperament say it all.
Post a Comment