
Sunny Little S
Baby S is 9 weeks old now... she has a sweet smile, wonderful coos and gurgles, and can still go from peaceful to screaming in two seconds flat.... but we love her all the same. She's been a bit more challenging to figure out, but I guess some of that comes from having a toddler around... someone else who needs just as much attention and playtime, if not more!
Wih my maternity leave coming to a close, I'm trying to write something new every day. Yesterday I was inspired twice -- once just by sitting in the sun (see the July 18 entry), and again when I came back in the house to write down my thoughts. I sat next to Baby S and watched her sleeping peacefully in her swing. The result was this:
Thank goodness for you.
Because of you,
I know that miracles can happen more than once.
And I thank goodness for that.
The goodness that is your cheeks,
your wispy hair,
your smooshy nose,
your soft sighs,
even your loud screams and frustrated grimaces.
Thank goodness for the goodness that is you;
so tangible and warm and delicious.
You are something to believe in.
Here and now, ours.


No comments:
Post a Comment