part I
Acupuncture update.
I'm not being a dreamer here, I really think it's working.
TinyE has had three or four acupuncture sessions in the past 5 weeks, and this week I noticed that she's really using the fingers on her right hand a little more. I'm seeing some independent movement, some intricate touching when she's holding a toy in her left hand and inspecting it with her smaller right hand.
Two days ago I heard the familiar melodic strains of her music toy. When I came out to the front room, her Dad was holding her left arm down against her side and he told her "Show your Mommy what you can do!" Sure enough, she was making all that noise with her right arm, lifting it up and hitting the dangly toys with her right hand.
IT WAS GREAT!
And yesterday, when I was changing her, she lifted her right hand up and POPPED that index finger into her mouth.
She lifted her arm away from her side.
She raised it up.
And she purposefully moved her hand. All of her own free will and determination.
Oh sure, it probably sounds so minimal. But it's not. It's huge. And we're both so proud of her.
part II
TinyE is on the move.
I wish I had a way to show you this. Yesterday, TinyE did something totally new.
As you may know, she's been moving and grooving by rolling her way around the floor. And she really gets around that way. Yesterday she was laying on her back, and all of a sudden ARCHED UP, pushed off with her feet, and JOLTED backwards. She almost caught air, I swear it. It was the funniest thing, and I laughed at her, saying, "WHAT was THAT?!"
She did it again -
Arch, push, fly back.
Arch, push, fly back.
Always in a quick but kind of alarming motion. Makes me afraid she's going to snap her neck, but she was pretty delighted with her new trick. And she was covering ground that way, head-first, on her back.
This could get very interesting, very quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment