Hearty update, part III: 6/4/07: Scenes from The Perfect Day
To begin: BabyS wakes up just once during the night: at 3am. Other than that, we all get some good sleep between 10pm and 8:30am.
7:30am
Anticipating TinyE's awakening, I get up and have breakfast and coffee – bonus that I'm only tending to BabyS and not both girls while trying to feed myself. TinyE is still sleeping when I finish, so I take my coffee out to the deck and clip BabyS's fingernails while we both get some sun (I read that early morning sun helps regulate baby's melatonin and helps establish appropriate day/night wake/sleep patterns… hey, I'll take what I can get!) Tiny E is still sleeping, so I catch a few moments to do some writing.
9:00am
TinyE wakes up, after sleeping in much later than usual.
10:30am
It's opening day at the pool: time to break in our season passes. 10-11 is Tot Time, and the whole aquatic center/pool/sand box is open just to families with kids age 6 and under. The pool remains pretty empty even when it opens to the public at 11. We have a fabulous time; BabyS and I rest on the sidelines while Dave plays and splashes with TinyE.
1:00pm
We return home, TinyE goes down for a nap, and I grill burgers and brats out on the deck. Dave and I enjoy a grown-up conversation over lunch while admiring a quiet-alert BabyS.
3:00pm
TinyE still napping, I prop BabyS on my chest and lay down while Dave plays guitar and sings. Baby S and I both trail off into naps as the acoustic concert continues.
5:00pm
TinyE finally wakes up from a 3.5-hour nap! The family loads up and goes to the library, where Dave and I each pick up books that have been on hold for us.
6:30pm
Another first event for our family of four: we go out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. BabyS sleeps the entire time and TinyE charms passers-by with frequent exclamations of 'Hi!'
9:00pm
Finally home, and Dave puts TinyE to bed while I feed BabyS. We close the day by watching an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series.
Later
BabyS wakes up 3 times during the night to nurse, at regular 2-hour intervals. Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment