My humble helix
I was in the yard with TinyE, and I'd decided to water down the compost pile since it had a fresh layer of grass and leaves. After a few minutes of watching this activity, TinyE decided it was HER turn. So I handed her the garden hose and away she went... delicately wafting the hose back and forth over the pile.
PERFECT TECHNIQUE.
PATIENT.
THOROUGH.
It was a wonder to behold, like she'd been doing it for years. And I was filled with a rush of pride.... and the realization, "She really IS mine! Those are my genes in there!"
So I composed this ditty in her honor. The clips barely capture the true beauty of the day, but perhaps the muddy bottom, wet curly mop of hair and soft singing do:
Little Gardener
She sings a little song…
She hurries right along.
It's time to check the compost pile
But she cannot stay for long.
Little gardener, tend your roses.
Watch out for thorns in noses.
And take a break to feel the sun
Upon your cheeks and toeses.
No comments:
Post a Comment